In any endeavour or path to achieving a goal, humans will always face obstacles. I have figured that easiest pathway to achieving goals is multi-fold :
1. Choosing one and only one Primary goal and that goal only.
2. Figuring out a critical path ( the highest impact and the most probable pathway to get to that milestone/goal )
3. Understanding the events involved in the critical path
Accruing / directing ALL of one’s resources ( time, money and attention ) towards those events which will clear the critical pathway, systematically, methodically and consistently.
4. Ruthlessly deal with distractions and eliminate anything in your way that doesn’t contribute towards an event on the critical pathway.*
5. Execute on the critical pathway every single day, at least for 90 minutes, 7 days a week , 365 days a year untill the pathway is entirely traversed. Then Observe, Orient, Decide and Act on the next goal.**
Goals are achieved by beating obstacles. Obstacles are beaten by theorising critical pathways and creating event chains to execute to traverse the pathway.
*Of-course the entire organisation cannot focus on the critical pathway, its gotta be an elite taskforce while the rest of the army paddles on set processes and methodologies.
**This concept of critical pathways applies to every aspect of one’s life – health, career, relationships, anything at all. I have personally used this to solve business and health problems alike. The major ingredient is FOCUS.